The Chubb Fire & Security Difference...
Focus on Quality
Single Point of Contact
A Name You Can Trust
Chubb Fire & Security provides an unparalleled portfolio of security and life safety solutions to Canadian institutions, businesses and residences. We deliver advanced solutions to many of the most demanding security and life safety requirements across the country. Our coast-to-coast coverage is provided through a team of experts sharing a common focus on service excellence. Our proven capabilities yield the ultimate in peace of mind to those that we serve.
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Alarm Technician position for our Ottawa branch. The main duties of this role are to carry out verification's, inspections, repairs and maintenance of fire alarm systems installed at our customers’ sites. On-call rotation would also be expected of the individual. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of various emergency systems such as emergency lighting and portable fire extinguishers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the customer and determine the nature of the problem or trouble with the fire alarm system.
- Independently perform quality work and recommend improvements to ensure that customer satisfaction is met.
- Test and commission fire alarm systems to ensure that building occupancy can be taken.
- Complete various reports and documents related to the work performed.
- Complete inspections of fire alarm systems as per Can/ULC S536.
- Complete verification's of fire alarm systems as per Can/ULC S537.
- Complete fire extinguisher inspections as per NFPA-10.
- Complete emergency lightning inspections as per the local authority having jurisdiction.
- C.F.A.A. certification is required
- EST3 Certification would be an asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the electronics field or a related discipline, including at least 2-3 years of experience servicing fire alarm systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Possess a valid Provincial Driver’s License
More about the position:
General knowledge of and use of hand tools
Excellent problem solving skills
Highly organized and able to work under pressure
Adaptable to changing environments
Strong interpersonal skills and effective at building relationships - with a demonstrated client service orientation
Self-motivated with a genuinely positive outlook
Our offerings include
Competitive compensation and benefit package
Learning and Development opportunities
Reward and Recognition Program
A culture of performance & accountability
A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Reference Check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Code: CWCH
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Extended health care
Reference ID: 2020-030/2020-031
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Alarm Technician: 1 year (Preferred)