49 North Lubricants is a family-owned, western Canadian company, serving lubricants and related products and services to construction, agriculture, transportation, oilfield, forestry and industrial customers since 1984. We have 4 locations on the prairies. 49 North Lubricants is recruiting a Business Development Representative for our central Alberta operations. Based at our Leduc, AB location, and reporting to the Sales Director, the BDR will be responsible for building relationships and strengthening 49 North’s position around central Alberta. Serving multiple industries, this position will manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close, and maintain the relationships going forward.
- Identify and target prospects in a planned manner for profitable growth of market share in the defined territory, and achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Use various methods including, but not limited to, referrals, internet research, word of mouth and personal calls to develop and foster relationships with end user account customers and distributer/reseller customers.
- Understand and communicate 49 North’s value propositions to various types of customers in a way which results in efficiently and profitably closing new prospects, as well as expanding profitable business with existing customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer issues to retain customers’ satisfaction.
- Work in MS Dynamics (CRM system) for all sales activities, including proposals, call reports, sales pipeline.
- Proven work experience (2+ years) in a Business Development/Outside Sales role, preferably in industrial, heavy equipment or MRO sales
- Motivated by a sense of urgency, achievement-driven, self-disciplined and motivated to make the most efficient use of time and resources to exceed targets
- You have high standards for your work. You are meticulous, have great attention to detail and strong analytical skills. Results matter to you. Excellence matters to you.
- You embrace and manage change, continually improve processes and maintain confidentiality.
- You are invigorated by the constant change of a high-growth organization with bold and audacious goals.
- Demonstrates a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Computer literate – able to work with various software and systems in both desktop and mobile
- Class 5 drivers’ license with clean abstract
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Extended health care
- Bonus scheme
- Company car
- Flexible working hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Business Development/Outside Sales: 2 years (Required)