Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the main responsibilities of the Electrical Coordinator are to coordinate the work related to the collector system activities and to provide technical expertise on electrical system engineering. More specifically, he acts as an expert in the development of the collector system and optical cables.
- With the assistance of the Project Manager, prepare the contracts required for the execution and control of the work for subcontractors, suppliers and consultants;
- Assist the Electrical Superintendent in the coordination of activities specific to the collector system;
- Confirm and coordinate electrical engineering and maintenance technical requirements with field crews and electrical sub-contractors;
- Develop and implement the quality control program for work related to the collector system and conducts monitoring, inspection and report of electrical subcontractor installation activities and progress;
- Document any change order request from client;
- Ensure the application of technical procedures, particularly locking and labelling procedures, in collaboration with the Project Engineer;
- Follow up on purchases, receipt and inventory of materials required for the execution of the works;
- Participate actively in the implementation of the prevention program and support the Prevention Officer with respect to the requirements and implementation of traffic controls in collaboration with the Electrical Superintendent.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING?
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or relevant college training;
- 5 to 8 years experience in similar positions;
- Mastery of the Office suite and IT tools;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Experience with Collector System & Substation
- High geographical mobility and availability according to the working hours of the construction site;
- Excellent team management and conflict resolution skills;
- Autonomy and leadership;
- Great administrative rigour.
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM?
- Competitive salary
- Above industry standard vacation
- Group insurance (Health Management Account)
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution to a DPSP
- Monthly public transit subscription paid by the employer
- Subscription to a fitness center reimbursed 50% by the employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education offered throughout the year
- Young and dynamic environment
- Excellent career opportunities
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: On the road