The sanitation supervisor enforces the policies and procedures surrounding the sanitation process for food safety and hygiene. Working under the direction of the Production manager, this position is an integral part of the production team to ensure the plant is efficiently and effectively cleaned in order to manufacture safe food products that meet our high quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
To provide leadership while working as part of the sanitation team to clean all food production within the CBPCC facilities.
Maintain a strong working knowledge of cleaning agents, processes, procedures and frequencies, which would include the cleaning of all processing equipment as well as the facility.
Become familiar and able to work in a HACCP based environment.
Work with a stringent schedule to ensure that the plant is ready for production when scheduled. Maintain required documents and paperwork required for food saftey program, HR etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent personal hygiene and hygienic practices,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- must be able to adapt to a continually changing environment,
- Willingness to further train in sanitation practices, food safety, and related disciplines.
- Ability to do heavy lifting.
This position is scheduled for evenings and overnight, weekend shifts and overtime will be required.
Preferred Skills and Traits
Proven ability and willingness to learn, dependable and reliable, able to follow direction and lead others in that, positive attitude, can work well with others.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Bonus scheme
- Employee assistance programs
- Subsidised gym membership
Reference ID: SAN-S
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Sanitation: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory (team of 5+): 2 years (Required)
- SQF or other food safety audit program: 2 years (Preferred)