Are you able to work autonomously with little direction? Are you a team player willing to go the extra mile? Do you have the desire to innovate? If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then we want to hear from you! Every day, SkyHive's start-up environment will present new challenges, opportunities to grow, and a place to build something truly unique.
SkyHive is looking for a Technical Writer to create new technical specifications and support documentation for an API-based product sold in both the B2B and consumer space. The primary application you will be working on will be a consumer application is designed for community re-skilling, training, and reduction of unemployment in mind, and will often be developed, white labeled or standardized in association with state and provincial governments, and community organizations.
With a target audience of software developers, integrators, and other technical professionals, this position will require a strong knowledge of API’s, the REST protocol, and API documentation best practices. You will be a part of SkyHive’s Product team, which is focused on delivering world-class reskilling solutions (both B2B and B2C) used by governments, Fortune 500s, job seekers, workers, and learners.
If you are an experienced Technical Writer with experience in writing integration and API documentation and want to work in an environment that allows you room and flexibility to grow, this is the role for you.
- Have a strong understanding of SkyHive’s products and their API endpoints
- Create detailed documentation from scratch for SkyHive’s new technical product
- Co-ordinate with Project Mangers to ensure on-time delivery of technical documentation
- Support in scoping out technical integration-heavy projects
- Operate in an Agile environment, while engaging in Waterfall-style client engagements
- Create and maintain comprehensive product documentation, as required
- Collect and analyze documentation requirements from Sales and other teams, and develop documents and presentations to update Training, Support, and Sales staff.
- Define technical documentation standards, following and implementing the latest developments and trends in the industry.
Who are you?
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in technical writing, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a technical writer or analyst.
- Experience defining integration documentation in a software environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial drive, ability to manage multiple contending priorities simultaneously
- In-depth understanding of the agile software development process.
- Proven ability to interact with technical staff and stakeholders, and to serve as an interface with business
- Experience in building out new documentation frameworks from scratch
- Experience with formatting and professional presentation of written material
- Experience in software development tools, such as state and transition diagrams What we look for in all of our candidates
- A strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to delivering on-time to clients
- Accountability – a demonstrated “no-nonsense” attitude to delivering excellence to customers
- Detail-oriented – an ability to think critically about challenges & design efficient & effective solutions
- Integrity – keeping your commitments to the team, customers, and SkyHive stakeholders
Who are we?
SkyHive Technologies is a Vancouver-based artificial intelligence company that invented and commercialized a methodology called quantum labour analysis, which is the application of artificial intelligence to analyze a workforce or labour market at its most granular level. Its core technology applies natural language processing to process millions of supply, demand and training data points to determine real-time job-level labour market activity. It then uses proprietary machine learning methods to extract technical skills, soft skills, capabilities, methodologies, tools, and technologies from all job data. Data is then fed into a proprietary neural network that serves as the world’s first and only real-time, “live-streamed” job taxonomy and skills ontology, capturing labour market movements in real-time and at their most granular level.
Recognized as a top startup by Forbes, Startup Grind, and C100, SkyHive is an award-winning AI technology that deepens our understanding of labour markets, workforces and individuals, enabling new ways of acquiring, developing and engaging talent.
Established in 2017 with the mission of tackling global poverty and social inequality, SkyHive aims to utilize its exponential technology to stimulate economic empowerment and lifelong learning; ultimately fostering a stronger, more prepared, and more confident workforce to welcome a brighter tomorrow.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $59,000.00 to $76,000.00 /year
- Technical Writing: 3 years (Preferred)