Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Moncton (New Brunswick)
IS-03 - SPLN-03
$67,241 to $72,660
16 August 2020 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
It is your responsibility as a candidate to submit a COVER LETTER, which clearly outlines how you meet each of the screening qualifications (i.e. education, essential experience and asset qualifications) as well as a resumé which is linked to the information provided in your cover letter.
** Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that the qualification is met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities.
**** You must provide CONCRETE EXAMPLES, which illustrate how you meet each qualification.
***For example, the best approach is to use each screening qualification as a heading, and provide a description outlining how that qualification is met. Failure to clearly demonstrate how you meet the screening criteria (education, essential experience and asset qualification) may result in the REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
****Candidates who are missing information or submit incomplete information could be screened out.
For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes (including issuing screening results, and sending invitations for written tests and interviews). Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure that this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
All job applications must be submitted through the www.jobs.gc.ca system.
Testing/interviews will be conducted at locations of the employer's choice and may require candidates to travel to the test/interview location, Moncton, N.B.
Please note that candidates (including persons employed in the Public Service) will not be considered to be in travel status or on government business and travel costs will not be reimbursed. Consequently, candidates will be responsible for travel costs.
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to staff one position on an indeterminate basis.
A pool of qualified candidates may be established to staff similar temporary and/or permanent positions.
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM. Information regarding the CM appointment will be sent to all applicable candidates who are within the area of selection and participated in the advertised process.
Positions to be filled:
Information you must provide
A covering letter in 3,000 words (maximum)
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- A degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other related field; or an acceptable 5-year combination of education, training and government or corporate communications experience.
- Recent and significant experience in writing and editing a wide range of internal and external communications or marketing products, such as media lines, media releases, and social media messaging, as well as internal communiqués, presentations and other documents.*
(*Recent and significant experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience that would normally be acquired by a person in a position over a period of at least 2 years in the last 3 - 5 years.)
- Experience in developing communications plans.
- Experience in coordinating projects or events.
- Experience in providing strategic communication advice to managers or clients within an organization.
- Experience with word processing and presentation applications.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Experience in federal government editing and writing standards.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual - Imperative (BBC/BBC)
Information on language requirements
- Ability to handle and process sensitive information in high pressure situations
- Ability to multi-task including prioritizing competing and urgent priorities.
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize information.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Effective Interpersonal Relationships
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Knowledge of Government of Canada communications policies and procedures.
- Occasional need to work overtime and to adopt flexible work hours as per operations requirements.
- Occasional travel.
- Possession of a valid driver's license
Conditions of employment
Top Secret security clearance - of the RCMP.
All applicants for positions within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police will be subject to a thorough security clearance process which includes an interview wherein questions may include (but not limited to), reference checks, previous employment, on-line activities, credit checks, alcohol and/or drug use.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.