Parkway Yamaha is searching for an experienced, full time Marine Technician. The successful candidate is an individual who will communicate well with co-workers, clients, and successfully work alongside other technicians.
We are a full-service marine and powersport dealership for Yamaha Outboards, Snowmobiles, ATVs, Side by Sides and Power Equipment and we service all makes and models. If you possess the mechanical skills, a positive attitude and are a team player we would love to hear from you – Please provide a cover letter and resume outlining how you would be a great fit.
- Grade 12 diploma
- 5 years previous marine experience or technical training
- Provincial certification an asset
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to work independently, work under strict time constraints and present a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance, small engine repair, vehicle assembly, accessory installation and diagnostics.
- Able to work in variable work environments; work is conducted both indoors and outdoors in varying environmental conditions
- Available to work Saturdays during peak times in season.
- Commitment to accuracy and quality
- Possession of a valid driver's license
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and test engines to diagnose and isolate faults, adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts.
- Diagnose Faults, Estimate repair costs, Order parts, Perform repairs as required, Winterize/summerize boats, Perform Pre-delivery inspections
- Perform scheduled service and maintenance, advise Service Writer of diagnosis, needed repairs, additional work needed, and cost estimate.
- Conduct quality checks on work performed, and maintain a clean, safe work space.
- Area of specialisation in watercraft, but able to work on all motors from ATV, UTV, Snowmobile, Generator etc.
- Identify customers' needs and exceed their expectations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality service to customers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Work closely with the service writers and parts and sales departments
- Other duties as assigned
Full time position - Competitive wages based on experience and certifications
Job Type: Full-time