Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Winchester, ON
The Human Resources Manager provides a service as a business partner to the various functional groups by leading, developing and implementing human resources strategies, policies and programs which contribute to the achievement of the corporate business objectives.
Critical Success Factors:
- Provide guidance and recommendations to site managers related to recruitment and selection, performance management and people development, employee/labour relations, disability management, compensation & benefits.
- Provide recruitment services at assigned sites by sourcing, screening, interviewing and referring applicants to management for further interviews. Prepare job offers and process appropriate hiring documentation (as required depending on the site). Conduct exit interviews with departing employees.
- Play a key role in the negotiation activities for the site(s) by researching, collecting and comparing appropriate data (competitors’ data, historical data etc.) and by liaising with the local leadership team and key corporate management members in developing a strategy to execute the established mandate.
- Provide guidance to the local management team on the interpretation and administration of the Collective Agreement(s) and play a key role in resolving employee grievances.
- Administer and provide input with regard to the job evaluation, wage and salary management process, incentive program and employee benefit programs.
- Administer and monitor programs such as Performance Management as well as compliance, provide coaching and education as appropriate, and coordinate and deliver training to managers and employees. Also, conduct new employee orientation.
- Manage disability claims (STD, LTD, WCB/CSST) by liaising with employees, line managers, insurance companies and/or government bodies to facilitate return to work opportunities.
- Act as a resource, in liaison with Health & Safety Manager, to functional leaders with respect to health and safety policies and programs. Facilitate health and safety action plans at the various site locations; ensure practices and policies meet corporate and legislative requirements.
- Manage reporting staff by hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, establishing goals and priorities, and providing work direction.
- Participate in special projects such as providing assistance with employee engagement activities in collaboration with the functional leaders as assigned.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree preferably in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Business
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a Human Resources Generalist role in a multi-site unionized environment preferably within an international CPG or manufacturing company
- CHRP designation preferred
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast-paced and requires ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills, customer service orientation and ability to build strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for details are essential
- Ability to provide leadership to reporting staff
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office products and the Internet
Parmalat is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity. Parmalat strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Parmalat is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent