Chalets at Big White is a vacation home rental management company that manages a variety of vacation ski-in, ski-out rental accommodations throughout Big White Ski Resort, located 45 minutes outside of beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia.
We are looking for Housekeeping staff to ensure our guests and home owners have a ‘Memorable Mountain Experience’ by providing exceptional cleaning services.
When working in Housekeeping you will work with a team in the morning and then finish up by mid afternoon to enjoy all the going-ons at Big White for the rest of the day and evening. As the season progresses, we provide more flexibility to our housekeeping teams to start later in the day - depending on performance of the teams and our schedule - so staff can enjoy some skiing or snowboarding in the morning.
Sounds interesting? Read on....
Responsibilities and Duties
Working alongside a team, your responsibilities would include:
- Thorough deep cleaning of our vacation chalets
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens
- Making beds, mopping and vacuuming, dusting, collecting linens for laundering
- Replenishing supplies in our vacation chalets
- Reporting repairs and maintenance issues
- Ensuring the presentation of the our vacation homes is ready for our guests’ arrival, is welcoming and to the Chalets at Big White high standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous housekeeping experience within the hospitality industry is an asset but not essential
- Attention to details
- Strong work ethic
- Works well on a team but can work well independently as well
- Must be able to work in Canada
Come and join a fun and friendly team this winter season!
At the end of the season, you will receive 50% reimbursement of your Big White Seasons pass .
Please be aware that accommodations are NOT provided with this position.
Contract length: 5 months
Part-time hours: 25-30 per week
Expected Start Date: 2021-12-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.00-$20.00 per hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)