WHO WE ARE:
ATCO Frontec has more than 65 years’ experience providing complete infrastructure solutions to customers worldwide. We are focused on the future and bringing our clients products and worksite support services fit for the 21st century. We offer complete operational support solutions for worksites that goes beyond transportation to ensure that everything around our clients’ core business is managed, from roads and equipment maintenance to water and wastewater treatment, including fuel supply and airfield services.
We are among the market leaders providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions and operational support. We are well diversified geographically and we service diverse business sectors. ATCO Frontec Managers are experienced and are constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. Our management team provides the staff training and supervision required to ensure that our clients get the best possible customer service, and to ensure the highest standards of safety.
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Frontec values diversity. We are committed to having a company that is inclusive, fair and respectful, and represents the diverse talents available in the workforce. We strive to ensure that our work environment allows for each and every employee to reach their full potential; this is only possible when differences are respected and valued.
Under the direction and leadership of the Project Manager, we are seeking an HSE/QA/QC Coordinator to join our NFTC project in Moose Jaw, SK. The HSE/QA/QC Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all HSE initiatives as well as QA/QC accountabilities within the project. They ensure safe environmental working conditions for all employees and subcontractors. They work to prevent accidents, injuries, property damage, and the adherence to all OHS and ISO Certification governances.
- This position is 60% HSE and 40% QA/QC accountabilities
- Provide oversight and direction to support HSE needs of the project staff and customers of the project
- Lead/facilitate toolbox initiatives, and HSE program initiatives
- Lead and arrange regular reviews of the projects performance as it adheres to key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Lead team on all aspects of the corporate and project HSE programs including Safe & Sound initiatives, BBS and Near Miss Observation behaviors, orientation, coordinating training, WCB case management, incident investigation and reporting for ATCO needs and client needs
- Anticipate HSE issues and take corrective actions to resolve
- Recognize safe behaviors that contribute to a total safety culture
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of various reports and returns in accordance with HSE or as directed by management
- Use of HSE reporting system to track all HSE observations, incidents, investigations and reporting
- Assist in the evaluation and development of all policies, procedures, and processes to enhance the delivery of HSE initiatives at the project
- Demonstrate a visible and professional leadership role model and “Safe & Sound” attitude
- Responsible for compiling and preparing reports of performance data, HSE system requirements, and other requested reports from Head Office
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety requirements by all site personnel
- Ensure that investigations into injuries, accidents and unsafe acts and conditions are properly conducted, causal factors identified, and appropriate corrective actions identified
- Conduct training and provide presentations to work crews and management on safe work practices
- Mentor site personnel by providing instruction and direction to ensure a positive and qualitative performance is achieved
- Conduct health and safety audits, risk assessments, reviews, and inspections
- Maintain and report on safety and health records and statistics
- Conducts, schedules and manages facility QA internal audits, owner of the QA auditing task for all areas;
- Reviews trends of non-compliances & communicates with the team with areas of focus to improve on
- Manages audit actions tasks and timelines from noncompliance items, documents and completes follow up actions that non-compliances have been rectified
- Communicates noncompliance’s to regional manager, Responsible to following KPI rectification requirements
- Communicates to Subcontractor accordingly for any non-compliance items, documents response time and confirms rectification periods have been adhered to
- Document KPI alignment to subcontractor contracts
- Track KPI Demand requests (routine)(Critical)(Emergency)- date time of request, Track response time and rectification period for KPI demand requests
- Submit variances/NCRs to Project Manager
- Creates personal travel schedule as approved by project manager ensuring all sites are visited and inspected/audited in partnership with the regional mangers
- Other duties as assigned
- Industry experience (2 years minimum), post-secondary and/or documented qualifications in a Health & Safety
- QA/QC experience certifications or experience is an asset
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a facilities management business (maintenance/janitorial) is preferred
- Possess an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Worker’s Compensation Act and the Board’s policies and procedures.
- Experience with MS software (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Skype) and industry related software (Intellex, Maximo etc.),
- Willing to take a hands-on approach on assigned tasks, working closely with all hourly personnel, supervisors and management.
- Organizational, time management, and report writing skills a necessity
- Experienced management, communication, and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Capability to train, mentor, coach and guide performance
- Can work independently with limited direction; utilize latitude in an educated approach in determining objectives and approaches to assignments in reaching goals
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health and Safety: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quality Control: 2 years (Preferred)
- Moose Jaw, SK (Required)