Salary starts at $15.00 based on experience. 10 - 50 hours weekly.
Come join our team! We are looking for Employees who are dedicated, hardworking team players with a positive attitude and flexible to work overtime and on-call.
For the past 40 years, Victor Bernard & Sons (VBS) and its sister company DBM have provided unparalleled expertise through a wide range of construction services throughout New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada.
Versatile, flexible and lead by a dynamic and multidisciplinary team, VBS is a plumbing company, offering complete plumbing, heating, septic and environmental services to the residential, commercial and industrial markets in Northern NB.
If you are ready to join our dynamic team and willing to deliver exceptional service to the region, this position is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload and move construction materials and general site cleanup including but not limited to debris, trash, and snow using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Assist Heavy Equipment Operators with the setup, operation (working the hoses) and take-down work on Combo Vac, Sewer Flushing or other units. (Swamper)
- Assist other trades such as Operators, Electricians, Carpenters, Plumbers and Gas Fitters with labour duties.
- Other general labour, rigging and construction related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Physically able to perform job duties in demanding work environments, within proper safety parameters.
- Maintain valid driver’s license with clean driving abstracts.
- Be on call-out team (rotation) to handle emergencies after hours and on weekends.
- May be called to travel in and outside of province and country when needed.
- Interpersonal, communication, and customer service/client satisfaction skills.
- Basic construction knowledge and previous working experience on a construction site is preferred.
At VBS, we firmly believe in fostering our local talent and helping today’s youth become tomorrow’s skilled workforce.
If you are interested in this position, please click the “Apply Now” button or email a copy of your resume. When emailing your resume, please note the position title and certification level in the subject line.
Part-time hours: 30-50 per week
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Seasonal
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift