Requisition ID: 345538
Position Number: 20055120
Posting End Date: October 2, 2023
Site: River Park Gardens
Work Location: River Park Gardens
Department / Unit: Nursing Staff - RPG
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 09/21/2023
Anticipated Shift: Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $20.090, $20.694, $21.314, $21.952, $22.612, $23.291, $23.990
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Resident Care Manager, RN and/or LPN, the Health Care Aide acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with Resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, and goals, and objectives of the region/facility/house.
- Previous Resident care experience preferred.
- Minimum Grade 10 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Care Aide course required.
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Regional, site and house policies and procedures.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written) required.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and /or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Position involves extensive physical activity such as lifting, transferring and transporting Residents and equipment.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.