Tritech Group Ltd. has been in operation for over 30 years and is a leader in the water infrastructure industry in Western Canada. Tritech designs and builds water and wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations and has the unique ability to complete the majority of project work in-house, with the resources and capacity to integrate multiple disciplines including, civil, process, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation trades.
Tritech has enjoyed steady growth in the industry and continues to focus on providing sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure solutions. We have completed over 265 projects and our capacity has continued to grow along with our experience.
At Tritech, we believe in fostering long-term relationships with our customers and employees and we value their contributions to our company. Tritech’s staff of capable professionals draw from their years of experience to provide a high level of technical expertise and exceptional service. We approach every project with an uncompromising dedication to safety, sustainability, and quality.
At Tritech we value safety, quality, integrity, client focus, and community.
Benefits & Compensation
Tritech aims to provide competitive compensation packages to all team members, and we routinely review employee salaries and market data to ensure we are doing so.
All permanent, full-time team members are eligible for a spectrum of employee benefits, including, but not be limited to:
Extended health plan, including vision and paramedical services
- Dental plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurances
- Group Retirement Savings Plan & Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (company matches your retirement contributions)
- Annual discretionary bonuses
Additionally, we provide excellent opportunities for team members to gain new skills through internal and external learning and training opportunities.
At Tritech, we aim to provide opportunities that are challenging, fast-paced, that effectively utilize the skills of our team members, and provides variety in day-to-day tasks.
The job responsibilities for this role includes:
Oversee and lead the execution of the work completed under the Foreman’s direction to ensure it is completed to the quality, standard, and specifications required
- Ensure that all crew members have the required capability and training to fulfill their duties and responsibilities
- Support and enforce all company policies and procedures that relate to the Foreman’s areas of authority
- Maintain site works to meet schedules and project construction timelines using crew and operator skills, and report daily to the Project Superintendent
- Read/interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Installing underground piping and building plumbing systems (HDPE, PVC, Ductile Iron, Steel, Copper etc.), ranging from ½” - 60” diameter
- Complete surveying activities and establishing pipe routing and sloping
- Comply with all safety requirements for the completion of the construction works on-site
- Establish a safe work environment through continuous training and development and by maintaining all safety standards
- Be safety conscious and lead by example following safety policies and procedures
- Report all accidents, incidents, and near-misses
- Operate with honesty, integrity, and respect, and maintain a client focus
Experience supervising/leading a small crew of 2-5 people in a Foreman role
- Experience in civil construction as a pipelayer or gradesman is an asset
- Experience with laying and joining a wide variety of water, sewer, and gas piping (HDPE, PVC, Ductile Iron, Steel, Copper etc.) ranging from ½” - 60” diameter
- Experience gluing/joining large diameter PVC pipe
- Experience with layouts and surveying
- Knowledge of safe hoisting and rigging procedures
- Possess working knowledge of the latest building codes, standards, methods, and industry safety standards
- A Journeyman ticket is an asset
- Current, valid tickets/certifications for: WHMIS, First Aid level 1 or 2, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance, and Construction Safety Training (CSTS 2020 preferred)
- Physically fit and able to lift large weights and climb in and out of trenches, manholes, etc.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Aptitude to problem solve and think “outside the box”
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to function well in a fast paced changing environment
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal
- Highly organized and motivated to carry out a variety of duties (cleanup, assist civil crew, etc.)
Please apply for more details and to become a valued member of our team. If this role isn’t the one for you, you can also check out our other openings by visiting https://tritech.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization; however, only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview within the next couple weeks. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.