This position efficiently operates assigned equipment to produce product at prescribed standards; minimize material waste and product loss. The Machine Operator is responsible for the safe operation of production equipment to deliver customer requirements through completion of the production plan, adhering to quality standards and maximizing cost effectiveness, optimal running and equipment efficiency. Operators are trained in the product categories of molded, extruded and packaged ice cream. Within these technologies operators perform the functions of filler, box closer, shrinkwrap, flavouring and PMC duties. She/he is expected to carry out cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues/problems with the equipment to their immediate supervisors and/or maintenance.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Set up machine for production including assembling freezers and various parts of machine, assemble necessary ingredients, sanitize lines, and adjust machine to formula specifications (following SOP’s)
- Understands all the lock out tag out points and how to isolate all energy sources
- Safety – Working knowledge of the workplace and the hazards within it. Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole line
- Monitors equipment for malfunctions, solving minor problems without assistance and eliminating potential threats to production
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors and maintenance personnel regarding recurring problems and needs for repair.
- Conduct CIL inspections as per standard outlined for the work area
- Work as a team player helping other operators on the line and light labour
- Have the technical skills to operate machinery safely and effectively in order to meet the production plan
- Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product
- Perform line washes/changeovers per the line SOP and SSOP’s
- Must be able to focus on water and waste reductions
- Need to be able to comply with all quality and GMP requirements, including completing paperwork documentation
- Can follow work procedures for monitoring product specifications such as weight, size, speed, code dates, CCP’s etc
- Must be able to maintain a 5S work environment
- Must have a working knowledge of how to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence
- Must be a good team player capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive and able to communicate
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Must be flexible, able to work all shifts shift to accommodate factory schedules, training
- Need to pass operator testing
- Previous factory experience is an asset
- Must be computer literate –read PLC panels, data input
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unilever.com <mailto:NAAccommodations@unilever.com> . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au 1-855-239-5459 ou NAAccommodations@unilever.com <mailto:NAAccommodations@unilever.com>. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.