What about a Career in Manufacturing?
What does WestRock do?
We are a manufacturing facility that makes corrugated boxes. Nothing fancy, but everyone needs boxes and we are busy! We make boxes for some of the world’s largest suppliers and we need people who want a career in manufacturing to be part of our WestRock family.
Production Workers, or as we call them, Production Technicians, that work in our manufacturing facility are the key to ensuring quality cardboard boxes are produced for our customers. Working as a team, you will ensure production targets are met and that you and your co-workers are working safely. Daily tasks included pushing, pulling, lifting, moving, stacking cardboard through various machines.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift and committed to a full time, permanent job.
All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment medical.
WestRock is a Drug-Free facility.
Why work with WestRock:
- Starting wage $24/hour, $26 after 6 months, wage review after 1 year up to $29.81/hour
- A great Management Team and experienced peers to help you along the way
- Benefits from first day of employment
- Pension plan from the first day of employment (up to 7% with company match)
- Celebration lunches and BBQ’s
- Family social club events and company golf tournament
- An Employer that cares about health and safety
- Training opportunities to work on different machines
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- A management team committed to WestRock's values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
What you need to work at WestRock:
- High school diploma
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physically fit
- Able to work continental shifts
As a global company, you will find our boxes worldwide! Next time you get a box, turn it around and see if you can find the WestRock stamp!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at 416-253-4070 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Please apply with resume to www.westrock.com/careers. Job ID ATR4250.
Reference ID: Job ID ATR4250
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place