Folium Life Science, in partnership with BZAM Management Inc., is seeking a Lead Harvester for a facility on Vancouver Island, B.C. The Lead Harvester will directly report to the Master Grower. You will be responsible for the day to day production and management of labor for harvesting optimal cannabis in an indoor growing facility. The Lead Harvester will exude passion for the cannabis industry and will foster nurturing and healthy relationships with people.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
· Plan, coordinate and organize the harvest department operations
· Work closely with the Master Grower to ensure communication of daily requirements.
· Supervise the quality, quantity and efficiency of the harvest
· Strategic plan, monitor continuous improvement initiatives and efficiencies
· Responsible for ensuring proper housekeeping of harvest, including removal of harvest tissue and standing water (safety hazards).
· Provide the Harvest Associates a working environment that promotes safety and respect.
· Achieves work results by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules as needed and resolving problems
· Ensure recording and submission of daily attendance figures including corrections and reconciliations.
· Adhere to the Safety Policies, including use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
· Take every precaution reasonable to protect workers from injury or illness.
· As reasonably requested in aid of operations or culture compliance, perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING:
· High School Diploma required; Associates/Degree preferred,
· Strong understanding of harvesting techniques, preferably under cannabis regulations
· Minimum 19 years of age
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
You Are ANALYTICAL, with strong problem identification, solving and resolution skills.
You Are a PEOPLE PERSON with extensive people management and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate tact, assertiveness and diplomacy with multiple stakeholders.
You Are CONSULTATIVE with a keen ability to efficiently coach and consult management in identifying training gaps.
· 2-5 years’ experience in greenhouse/plant horticulture required
· WHIMIS training preferred
· Previous harvesting and drying experience preferred; Cannabis experience considered an asset
· Must be 19 years of age; and
· Must be able to undergo criminal record check.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
· Rapid growth and advancement potential
· Learning and development opportunities
· Dynamic and innovative environment
· Exceptional culture
BZAM Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Permanent
BZAM Cannabis is committed to following all provincial and federal public health authority guidance pertaining to COVID-19
- Post-Harvest/Cultivation: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)