Permanent, Full Time
Consultant, Global Insights - Toronto
The NMG Group is a global advisory and intermediary firm focused exclusively on the financial services
sector. Established in 1992, NMG has enjoyed rapid expansion internationally and now has over 800
employees in 18 cities, covering all inhabited continents.
NMG Consulting is a leading multinational insurance and investments consultancy, integrating consulting,
insights and analytics. Our consultants provide strategy consulting, insights, analytics and actuarial services
to financial institutions including banks, insurers, reinsurers and fund managers.
Global Insights Consulting Practice – our largest business-line globally, runs evidenced-based consulting
programmes, based on interviewing the leading industry experts, and key decision makers at buy-side
clients and intermediaries annually, to analyse industry trends and the competitive performance and
positioning of sell-side providers. The Global Insights Consulting practice conducts more than 50 evidence-
based Insights Consulting Programmes annually, covering wealth management, asset management,
insurance and reinsurance, across all major financial services markets internationally. The insights from
these programmes help support various strategic initiatives for our clients.
The combination of our specialist focus, global network (presence in 51 countries), research and analytics,
give us a unique perspective on the market dynamics relevant to the insurance, reinsurance and
investments industries globally.
This is a unique opportunity within our Canadian team to advance your career and be a key member of
our growing consulting team, as an international consultant. You will be making meaningful contributions
from day one to challenge your creativity, develop your skills and network with industry leaders.
The role will manage the implementation and delivery of our core Insights propositions within North
America and work closely with senior colleagues to develop insightful analysis, deepen relationships with
existing clients, contribute to consulting assignments and drive the vision for improvement and expansion.
Specific objectives will include enhancing the profile and value of our existing Life Reinsurance, Group
Benefits and Asset Management programmes.
This position will suit a self-motivated individual who possesses strong technical and analytical skills in
addition to excellent client management abilities. Responsible for programme design, interview
management and client delivery, immersion in our methodologies will be critical for success, along with the
Private & Confidential Prepared on 28.01.2019
ability to articulate and debate insights and key messages with senior executives. Over time you will be
considered a key source within the market for critical insight and analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to build their network and knowledge within the
asset management, primary life insurance and reinsurance industry in North America; and with this
experience and information advantage, develop their advisory capability and expertise in order to grow the
practice and advance their career.
Up to 20% travel within the role may be required, depending upon location and client requirements.
- Strengthen NMG’s intellectual property and information base within the Canadian and US
market by implementing and evolving our proven global propositions
- Engage with NMG representatives within Canada (and globally) to learn methodologies and
leverage existing capability
- End-to-end programme delivery (market and company specific topic coverage, interview
management with industry decision makers and professionals, proprietary data analytics and
insights development, presentation and client request deliverables), liaising with NMG
specialists who have developed similar programmes globally
- Proactive engagement with target clients on topics and industry themes
- Build rapport with decision makers at target/potential clients and presenting at forums and
conferences to develop profile and contribute to business development
- Subsequently examine opportunities to launch new NMG programs in conjunction with NMG
- Utilise the collective expertise and resources across all divisions of the NMG Group in order to
fully exploit our “information advantage” and improve the quality of our client offering
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (preferably with Honours)
- Proven analytical skills
- Pursuing CFA or actuarial qualification (not mandatory)
- At least 2 years of experience in Financial Services
- Highly motivated to learn, build their career and grasp opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and interest in
developing client relationships
- Ability to work effectively within a global team
- Excellent attention to detail and high quality standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingual preferred
Private & Confidential Prepared on 28.01.2019