Executive Assistant to the CEO
July 19, 2020 (midnight EDT)
Please include salary expectation in cover letter and submit resume and cover letter together as one document to complete your application.
Join an international leader in Animal Welfare! The BC SPCA is seeking a dynamic and personable Executive Assistant to provide senior administrative support to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This full-time position, reporting to the CEO, provides logistical, administrative and governance support to the CEO and provides secretarial services to the Board of Directors of the BC SPCA.
You enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. You have consistently demonstrated the highest standards of excellence, enjoy challenges and are results-driven. Your highly proficient computer skills and organizational skills set you apart from others and will assist you as you multi-task and prioritize multiple deadlines.
You are a highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently when necessary. You are a self starter who consistently takes initiative. You demonstrate sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters and provide the highest level of customer service to all stakeholders.
The BC SPCA is 125 years young and growing stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. With 44 locations throughout BC and provincial office in Vancouver, the BC SPCA provides a wide range of services and programs for tens of thousands of animals in distress each year.
The BC SPCA is an Imagine Canada accredited charity and has consistently received the highest charitable ratings from Charity Intelligence Canada and MoneySense magazine. Come join our dedicated, professional, and friendly team!
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following:
How to apply:
- A Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum 8 years’ experience as an executive assistant and as Board Secretary; or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; confident and clear communicator to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent customer service, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detailed oriented
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- Self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Advanced PC Skills – (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook) and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Philosophical harmony with the BC SPCA mission, vision, and strategic direction
- Must not have allergies limiting or affecting exposure to animals
If you would like to be involved with a great cause, have an opportunity to work collaboratively with the CEO, senior management team and Board of Directors to shape the future of the BC SPCA and are legally entitled to work in Canada, then we would like to hear from you. To help us make a difference, click on the link and apply now: https://spca.bc.ca/about-us/careers/
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and guiding principles.
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.