Quality Assurance Manager
Office / Plant:
Solis Foods Corporation Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high-quality snack inspired foods for both in- home and out-of-home consumption. Our MexiCasa brand has been trusted by consumers for over 20 years. Solis is an innovator in main meal and snack foods for all channels of distribution. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facilities, located in St. Mary’s, Ontario and Calgary Alberta, service clients with the mission of providing the highest quality products with exceptional service and great value for its customers.
The QA Manager is responsible for the global delivery of the Quality Assurance goals and objectives, quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams, delivery of QA related projects, within all companies. Directing and maintaining food safety through the SQF and HACCP program, leading third party audits and supporting customer specifications; formulation review, research into novel ingredients and new materials, understanding nutritional profiles and leading the appropriate sensory panels are also primary focuses. This position would benefit from an understanding of the manufacturing principles of some baked products to apply to flour and corn tortillas/chips and the ingredients used in the production of these products, and knowledge of Canadian/US food or international nutritional regulations, and international export rules and regulations.
This position is based out of our to St Mary's location with travel to Mississauga and Calgary as needed.
· Quality and Technical Guidance: Manage department and overall expectations pertaining to costs and resources. Directly supervise quality assurance team to ensure delivery against QA department goals and objectives.
· Maintain quality programs and metrics to maintain product consistency, through quality checkpoints and testing for the company and associated companies.
· Lead the Supplier Approval program and documentation of ingredients. Audit suppliers.
· Maintain internal and customer specification programs, certification programs and other specifications as they are developed.
· Provide technical knowledge and stay current in nutritional, ingredient and labelling regulations.
· Process Management: Implement ongoing quality improvement processes. Work with plant management to achieve production efficiency objectives. Performs as a strong team player.
· Lead continuous improvement objectives and root cause analysis.
· Monitor Sanitation to support food safety and maintain SSOP’s.
· Prepare and lead facilities in internal and external GMP, Food Safety, Customer, and third-party audits. Liaison with regulatory and customer auditors to ensure compliance with customer and industry specifications and implement corrective actions as required.
· Lead Food Safety and HACCP teams, ensure teams are conducting regular internal inspections and food safety training is maintained. Develop food safety and quality standards and maintain HACCP and quality program updates for new products and production changes. Manage document control system.
· Provide timely and accurate reports on projects, product development, food safety, and other related initiatives to Management and Executive teams.
· Support sustainability initiative.
· Ensure all testing documentation is accurate and reviewed for deviations, which are properly investigated.
· Conduct annual programs and policies review.
· Identify and implement quality related training needs and programs.
· Investigate and resolve customer complaints, perform root cause analysis and generate required status reports to measure to departmental objectives
· Responsible for the roles of the SQF Practitioner
. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to Travel within Canada; United States, and internationally, if necessary
· Knowledge and experience of SQF, HACCP and GMP’s
· Specific knowledge and direct experience in implementation and adherence with CFIA, USDA, and FDA Functions
· Ability to manage competing priorities and multi task
· Proficient in MS Office software suite
· Excellent oral & written communication skills combined with strong organizational skills
· Flexible - Able to work well under pressure
· 10+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Food Safety in a food service or food manufacturing environment
· ASQ Certification an asset
· B.Sc. preferably in Food Science or comparable field
Interested? Want to learn more?
Please forward your current resume to Human Resources in person at 404 James St. S, St. Mary’s, ON or by email. Quote “Product Development / QA” in the subject line of your e-mail.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Solis Foods is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-349-3232.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Quality Assurance Management: 10 years (Preferred)