“Immediate for Hire”
Our client West of Main is growing and they have an immediate opening for the role of Design Consultant. Candidates must be available to work Wednesday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Start Date: Immediate
We offer: Dental care, extended health care, vision care, life insurance and paid time off. West of Main aims to create beautiful spaces that complement beautiful lives. Influenced by designs from around the world, West of Main can assist clients in developing connections to styles inspired by culture and diversified by texture. With the belief that natural elements possess timeless beauty, West of Main's designs combine nature with modern pieces to create a chic, elegant and unique style. Bringing you comfort, warmth, and a sense of pride in your space isn’t simply our passion; it’s the cornerstone of our company.
This role is based out of the West of Main office located at 2437B Kaladar Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario.
As the Design Consultant, you will be actively involved in promoting our culture and engaging positively with all staff. You are a highly motivated individual who works well independently and as a team player. As the Design Consultant , you are responsible for selling products or services while providing excellent customer service. You perform an essential role in the overall customer experience by helping with sales, customer inquiries, merchandising, and store maintenance.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Working in the showroom to maintain a clean, stocked, and organized selling floor.
- Accurately process customer sales.
- Assisting customers throughout the showroom during consultations and performing any necessary follow-up to close the sale.
- Styling and organizing the showroom conducive to supporting merchandise sales.
- Consulting with customers on furniture and décor projects while maintaining a professional manner and appearance.
- Fostering a commitment to external and internal customer service.
- Assisting with styling and staging where necessary.
- Preparing for and cleaning up after meetings.
- Shoppe opening and closing duties.
- Assisting with sourcing products, such as preparing and sending Shopify orders and being up to date with current inventory levels.
- Communicating and maintaining a strong relationship with vendors and suppliers to ensure that orders are processed efficiently.
- Generating social media content as needed.
- Networking in the community, including our design community.
- Assisting with shoppe sales, events, and collaborations.
- Ad hoc administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in retail sales.
- A high degree of self-confidence when communicating with customers.
- A highly motivated individual who works well independently and as a team player.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for business development. We need someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to help grow our business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of design and style, including trends and trendsetters.
- Ability to create and deliver original and creative content.
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently under pressure.
- A demonstrated ability to drive and support merchandise sales.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to handle stressful situations and problem solve calmly and respectfully.
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Proficiency with Slack, Trello, Shopify, Stock & Buy, Photoshop.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Drive/G Suite/Google Docs.
- The ability to lift as much as 50lbs regularly with ease.
- A G-level Ontario driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
West of Main is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to connect with us if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Interior Design, Design, Retail, Décor, Design Consultant.
Reference ID: WOMRETASSOC2070921
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Are you able to lift up to 50lbs regularly with ease?
- Are you proficiency with Slack, Trello, Shopify, Stock & Buy and Photoshop?
- Do you have access to a personal vehicle?
- Are you able to work Wednesday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM?
- retail sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Ontario G-Level Driver's License (required)