POSITION: Cluster Sales Manager - Marriott Moncton - D.P. Murphy Hotels
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales - D.P. Murphy Hotels
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with education and experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time / Permanent
LOCATION BASE: Moncton, NB
HOTELS SUPPORTED: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moncton; Moncton, NB
Four Points by Sheraton Moncton; Moncton, NB
Are you a proactive hunter of new business? Are you an independent, strategic thinker? As Cluster Sales Manager, you will proactively solicit and handle sales opportunities with a focus on maintaining and maximizing existing client relationships while developing new business opportunities as part of a well thought out business development plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings using Marriott sales techniques and loyalty programs
- Identify new business to achieve personal and cluster revenue goals
- Work collaboratively with sales team members to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative
- Proactively communicate sales promotions and information to customers
- Understand the overall market-competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them
- Understands the cluster’s primary customers and offer solutions that meet their needs
- Execute and support the administrative aspects of business booked (generate proposal, write contract, customer correspondence)
- monitor offers and take an active role to increase conversions while partnering with groups, conferences & events and reservation departments
- Drive customer loyalty by delivering exceptional customer service
- Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities
- Work collaboratively to provide sales reports, account forecasts and account development plans
- Deliver incremental revenue for all hotels within the D.P. Murphy Hotels portfolio
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Management, Restaurant Management or related
- 3 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn internal programs
- Fluent in English (Bilingualism would be an asset)
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by emailing prior to Thursday, August 15th 2019.
Please include your CV and a Cover Letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria outlined above.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
D.P. Murphy Hotels has properties in Canada’s Maritime provinces spanning the lodging sector of limited-service hotels and offers both business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Our bands include Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Four Points by Sheraton, Fairfield Inn, Quality Inn, Future Inns as well as Dalvay by the Sea.
D.P. Murphy Group of Companies is a leading hospitality company operating approximately 75 award-winning restaurants and hotels as a franchisee in Eastern Canada. We offer a unique opportunity to learn and thrive across different streams of the hospitality industry while growing within one company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, Open Work Permit (Required)