Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to a delegated manager, the Clinic Screener will be assigned and scheduled at any of the SHN hospitals or off-site Vaccine Clinics. The primary responsibilities of the Clinic Screener role will include the below:
- Pre-registering patients into the provincial COVAX tool and booking the initial appointment
- Checking patients into the clinic and entering patient demographic information into the provincial COVAX tool
- Check-in and check-out patients into the provincial COVAX tool and in the clinic
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation, including consent forms have been completed
- Printing and/or emailing patients a copy of their vaccination record
- Scheduling patients for their second appointment
- Providing patients with discharge instructions
- Ensure all persons entering the facility follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel as required
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy is adhered to as per PHIPA and SHN’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that patient data is inputted accurately in the software
- Directing individuals to proper areas as needed
- Ability to escalate to triage or charge nurse for immediate assistance
- Other duties as assigned.
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Successful completion of a high school diploma, College or University Degree.
- Availability to work a variety of shifts (days and weekends), 7 days per week
- Availability to work at any of the SHN hospital locations or off-site Vaccine Clinics within Scarborough
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail is required
- Flexibility and adaptability with the ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Sound judgment and conflict management skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Computer savvy and experience with MS Office suite, including SharePoint and MS Forms
- Good keyboarding/typing speed.
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors and to stand for extended periods of time
- Willingness to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns) and abide by requirements prescribed for their respective use
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a variety of people in a team environment
- Ability to speak a second language(s) is considered an asset
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers