Marketing Content Specialist
Location: Abbotsford, BC
We're Growing - Join Us!
At SpeedLine, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated, fun people to create and support our innovative point of sale (POS) software products that help restaurant operators and chain executives across North America succeed. We're growing quickly and looking for talented people to join us in providing current and next generation POS solutions (built on the latest cloud technologies) that restaurant companies use to deliver millions of pizzas every week.
- Extended health, dental, vision care, as well as travel and life insurance.
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Career development, comprehensive training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long-term success.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable, business casual dress.
- Customize your work space.
- Employee and peer formal recognition programs.
- Monthly staff breakfast or lunch events.
- An experienced team of 80+ employees averaging 6+ years SpeedLine employment experience.
- End of year holiday party with dinner and prizes.
- Free parking.
- Free employee Wi-Fi.
- Games Room with ping pong, darts, foosball, and rod-hockey, including tournaments.
- Multiple kitchenettes convenient to each department.
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Spacious main lunch room with fully functioning kitchen (don’t just bring your lunch, make it fresh) and a balcony to enjoy your coffee or lunch outdoors.
- Comfy, relaxing lounge with a big screen TV.
- Nearby shopping and restaurants.
The Marketing Content Specialist is responsible for creating stronger customer engagement through developing creative content across all channels. They will work with a highly skilled team who understand the importance of marketing content for driving interaction with prospects and customers throughout the buyer journey.
You’ll be able to demonstrate a proven track record of developing content that captures the attention of your audience and compels them to take an action. You’ll be well versed in both inbound and outbound marketing tactics, and you’ll be able to translate your knowledge into practical application.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of weekly blog posts, website copy, landing page copy, prospect-focused newsletter, whitepapers and longer form content, sales enablement collateral, and video content
- Collaborate with internal and external writers to help develop our content strategy and execute it
- Write high-value copy for various marketing initiatives for B2B audiences
- Review and edit copy from third party content creators, ensure it is optimized for SEO and link management
- Interviews customers and develops testimonial content to support company sales objectives and advertising/promotional content needs.
- Use buyer personas and buyer journeys to create high value content.
- Use and refine our brand tone of voice, follow style guides and ensure all written materials meet industry and editorial standards
- Identify trends in content creation and adjust tactics to better engage audiences based on their preferences
- Measure and report on the success of content assets and KPIs weekly, communicate on strategy/project development, timelines, and results
- Work with the merchandising and marketing automation team to ensure content is aligned with marketing and sales campaigns
Skills We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent experience
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in content marketing/demand generation in a B2B environment
- Proven experience utilizing design principles and developing infographics.
- Previous experience in the restaurant industry will be considered and asset.
- Detail orientated, grammar focused, and excellent writing and editing skills, enabling you to take a journalistic approach to content creation while following a specific style guide, which will deliver value content to the customer as well as understand and utilize the voice of SpeedLine.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, SEO and link management, basic HTML5, content management systems (preference will be given to experience with HubSpot), Sales CRM and Google analytics.
- Fun, outgoing and confident individual with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, which includes the ability to work independently or collaborate with a team on projects as needed.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with outside vendors and customers and conduct interviews over the phone and in person.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken, a creative approach to writing and the ability to problem solve solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in video production and photography
- Valid passport and ability to travel to the United States.
Who We Are:
We are a leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in British Columbia, that prides itself in ensuring a work/life balance and personal growth for all of our employees.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. We have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
- We deliver products and service that make our customers more successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it.
- We work full, busy days, but outrageous long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
- Good freeway access means our head office is an easy commute from anywhere in the Fraser Valley. It’s a lot easier to have a life when you don’t spend all your time in the car.
- Our counterparts at our US subsidiary spend much of their time on site at customers’ restaurant locations and offices—but they work from a home base only minutes away from our headquarters.
- A great product and reputation attracts strong talent. All of that adds up to an attractive place to work—and an experienced and tenured team.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please include, using PDF format only, your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Marketing Content Specialist - Your Name".
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To obtain more information and view our “Working at SpeedLine” video, visit our website at www.speedlinesolutions.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Content Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Restaurant Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)