Kent Building Supplies is Atlantic Canada’s largest building supply company. Our operations are based in the Atlantic Provinces, keeping all opportunities right here at home. In the Halifax, Nova Scotia market, we have four busy retail locations, an Industrial Commercial Supply store as well as our new Metro Operations Center.
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Manager of Logistics & Operations to join the Metro Operations Center team in the Halifax market. The primary job function is to plan and direct the daily requirements of the warehouse, shipping, receiving departments as well as coordinate the logistics of all inbound shipments. The right candidate will also be adept at effectively creating, implementing, and directing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the shipping department in conjunction with corporate oversight and goals.
This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to join the Kent team and work with us to implement best practices in in GDP (Good Distribution Practice).
- Scheduling & Planning Efficiencies
- Shipping, Receiving and Reverse Logistics
We are looking for someone to spend 70% “boots on the ground” optimizing operations and motivating the team to reach their full potential and the other 30% strategizing, creating, implementing and directing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the shipping department to optimize our fleet operations.
- Develop and implement strategies/initiatives to control and reduce operational costs
- Drive Operational Excellence
- Establish, Implement and Measure KPI’s
- Ensure all attributes of Health and Safety are maintained
- Strong knowledge of ERP and Warehouse Management System
- Experience in warehouse operations, business processes.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of MS Office – MS Project, Power Point, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to recognize operational problems, challenges or opportunities that may arise and work with functional and management teams to evaluate and provide solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Comfortable speaking with stakeholders from all areas of the business at all levels of leadership.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Sets and accomplishes challenging goals by leveraging team resources effectively.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Operations/warehouse experience at a senior level (2 – 3) years preferred.
- Building supply industry knowledge would be an asset.
Interested? Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.