Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager, Operating Room, as part of our multidisciplinary team you will contribute to providing care to our paediatric and adult patients. Your duties will include immediate pre operative, intraoperative and immediate post operative care with regard to booked surgical procedures, assisting physicians, and other related duties. Our diverse caseload includes but is not limited to general surgery, orthopaedics, plastics, opthomology, vascular, gynecology, advanced laparoscopic and ENT procedures.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Post graduate Perioperative Course from a recognized institute or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years current Perioperative experience including Paediatric
- Perioperative certification –CPN ( c ) - preferred
- Knowledge of ORNAC standards of practice
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers