Administrative Support (Category 4) – Registration
Do you have great administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy managing a diverse portfolio of work? If so, this full-time job may be for you! As an integral member of the Registration team, your key duties will be to provide administrative support to the Registration team members, as well as to support the delivery of our entry to practice exams for the nursing professions regulated by BCCNP. This role will provide a variety of day-to-day and project related administrative tasks that are essential for the successful operation of the College including coordinating large-scale events, supporting various meetings and committees, and delivering first class customer service.
Please note, it is a mandatory requirement of the incumbent in this role to work one weekend in June and one weekend in December (Saturday and Sunday) to provide support to the Objective Structured Clinical Examination for nurse practitioner applicants (OSCE).
This is a temporary position to cover a maternity leave from July 2020 to August 2021.
This position is unionized. The current collective agreement can be found here: https://moveuptogether.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/15-19-CRNBC-Collective-Agreement-January-1-2015-to-December-31-2019-1.pdf
WHO WE ARE
BCCNP is the college empowered under the Health Professions Act to regulate the practice of all licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and nurse practitioners in British Columbia. Regulation helps to protect the public by ensuring that professional care or service received by the public is competent, ethical and meets the standards that society views as acceptable.
At BCCNP each of us strives to meet our commitment to the following values to maintain a workplace that is respectful and supports the well-being of every BCCNP employee:
- Trust is essential
- Better together
- Speak the truth
- Protect the public
- Stay curious
As a member of the team, you can expect to be treated in a respectful and professional manner. While your workload will be busy, the College supports staff in achieving a healthy work-life balance.
- As recorded in the Collective Agreement with MoveUP Together (COPE Local 378), the responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Providing administrative support, including drafting agendas, taking minutes, scheduling meetings and appointments, document management, including editing and formatting documents, preparing reports, records, statistics and statements, meeting minutes and other written materials.
- Assisting with small and large-scale events such as the OSCE, committee meetings, and focus groups; this includes confirming attendees, booking meeting rooms, flights, hotel reservations, catering, refreshments, etc.
- Creating, processing and maintaining a wide variety of files, records, spreadsheets and related materials in accordance with BCCNP policies and procedures.
- Processing a variety of financial transactions, including preparation and submission of receipts, expenses, invoices, bills and purchase orders.
- Planning events such as conferences, focus groups, general meetings, and travel – confirming attendees, booking meeting rooms, flights, hotel reservations, refreshments, etc.
- Ordering stationery supplies and services as needed.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least four years of related experience, and carry at least a secondary, high school diploma and business college certificate, or equivalent.
- Have a passion for planning for, coordinating and executing large-scale events, such as the BCCNP OSCE, which occurs 2-3 times per year, as well as committee meetings with external members.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in standard office software applications, in particular, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio).
- Be able to type at least 60 wpm.
- Excellent attention to detail; Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize own work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion of information received while performing regular work functions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package, as defined in the collective agreement.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit https://www.bccnp.ca/bccnp/Careers/Pages/Admin_support_registration.aspx
The closing date for applications is May 28, 2020.Please reference the title: Administrative Support – Registration in your subject heading line.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please note that we will only reach out to those who are selected for interviews.
As part of our hiring processes, please note that all final candidates will undergo background screening and testing through a third-party agency.
While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $28.67 /hour
- administration: 4 years (Preferred)
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Temporarily due to COVID-19