10130 82 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1Z4, Canada Req #82
Friday, May 14, 2021
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the accounting team with accounts payables, accounts receivables, collections, account reconciliations, and other financial activities. This is a temporary, full-time position that provides important support to the overall service delivery, allowing the organization to achieve its vision.
- Ensure all invoices and employee reimbursements are paid on time and accurately
- Assemble, review and verify credit card statements and receipts
- Create government funded invoices and participant programs fees and cost shares
- Post cash, cheque and electronic payments from customers and create weekly deposit
- Compare proposed invoices against source documents
- Communicate with families and guardians following up on outstanding receivables
- Reconcile AP and AR sub ledgers with general ledgers weekly and monthly
- Responsible for petty cash functions, bank and credit card accounts reconciliations
- Provide reception coverage as required to meet the needs of the business
- Completion of a Certificate/Diploma in Business, Accounting or related discipline.
- 1+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Knowledge of accounting ERP system is an asset
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills are critical, ability to work on a team and communicate effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and problem solve when required
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check
This is a temporary, full-time position reporting to the Finance Manager and is based out of our Head Office. Offices hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
$16.82 to $17.67
AdaptAbilities is continually working to be an employer of choice. We offer a competitive salary, an attractive health/dental benefit plan, paid Wellness Days and a Health Spending Account. Professional Development is also supported.
May 31, 2021
Pay Type Hourly