Germiphene knows infection control. Starting over 65 years ago servicing the needs of the dental industry with our extensive product range; from disinfection, cleaning, instrument care, oral health, and hand care. Our drive for continued improvement is a daily commitment shown through new product development, strict quality standards and nurturing customer relationships. This has given us a strong foundation to grow our market to provide disinfection products, and hand sanitizers for all healthcare communities, and other government agencies.
We are innovators.
We are manufacturers.
We are educators.
We are looking for likeminded individuals to join our team.
Currently we are looking for a Logistics Manager
This position is responsible for managing the Logistics department.
Duties and responsibilities
· Management of employees in the Logistics Department
· Prepare timesheet records for payroll
· Interview, hire and train new employees
· Coach/ Mentor
· Manage absenteeism
· Complete performance review
· Coordinate all warehouse functions
- Racking of raw materials, Packaging Components and Finished Goods
- Manage Shipping & Receiving Dept.
- Dispatch LTL, FTL shipments
- CND, USA, Exports
- Negotiate Freight Rates with various carriers
- Control all shipments that are Pick and Pack for USA, CDN, and overseas
- Documentation of all B/L, B13, C of O
- Knowledge of US customs Clearance
- Oversee all receiving procedures
- Dispatch LTL, FTL shipments from USA, overseas
- Negotiate inbound freight rates
· Knowledge of TDG regulations
· Coordinate outside projects as needed
· Comply with ISO 9001 specifications and GMP regulations
· Will follow the responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Develop Business
- Set /manage goals & objectives
- Plan / execute improvement projects
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times,
- Manage costs and develop cost down initiatives
- Develop / execute plan for efficiency
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and manage improvements
· Diploma in Logistic, or equivalent experience.
· Tow motor operation preferred, or willingness to learn.
· Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate
· Must be flexible to change and multitask
· Ability to work independently and on a team
· Good interpersonal skills
· Able to lead others
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Management experience in a warehouse environment required.
· Good interpersonal, communication, reading and writing skills
· Experience in a pharmaceutical production environment is required
· Knowledge of GMPs is required.
· Duties are performed in an office environment and a manufacturing environment.
· Prolonged use of a computer.
· Manage a number of requests and situations at one time.
· Required to wear PPE
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
· Lift, carry, push and/or pull items up to a maximum of 60 pounds
· Ability to exchange information via person, phone and email
· Ability to read a variety of materials including PO’s, order requests, safety labels and work instructions
· Possess dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
· Ability to stand and walk, bend at the waist, kneel or crouch
· Climb a step stool or ladder and reach hands above shoulders
· Occasional exposure to moderate noise levels
There are five direct reports to this position.
· Pick & Pack clerk
Note: Germiphene is not on a City of Brantford bus route. Candidates and employees must have own transportation.
In compliance with AODA legislation, if you require an accommodation during any part of the recruitment process please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our position, however only those receiving consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Logistics: 5 years (Required)
- negotiations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Warehouse Management : 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)