Job Title: Community Outreach Rep 2
Job Number: BCH-T-8563-200219E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities.
We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
- Represents Hydro through attendance at local community events, events held at retail locations such as stores and malls, and regional trade and other shows. Provides information and educates customers on BC Hydro's current initiatives, services and programs, including Power Smart programs, products, customer billing, payment choices, and methods of accessing other BC Hydro personnel and technical resources, through activities such as: distributing brochures; engaging attendees in discussions regarding current initiatives, services and programs; answering queries or referring customers to other BC Hydro personnel; and by making information announcements using public address systems.
- Maintains working relationships with a variety of community stakeholders through participation in community events, fostering partnership opportunities for reaching and educating customers and encouraging participation in future BC Hydro events and initiatives. Maintains working relationships with key media/communications contacts within local communities by providing them with information, and by acting as media/communications spokesperson for BC Hydro in media interviews, including television and radio.
- Conducts research on the most effective venues and messages for BC Hydro’s initiatives and makes recommendations accordingly. Plans a presence for each approved venue, taking into consideration the audience, messages and available resources. Creates for approval communications materials such as event and campaign posters aimed to support event logistics, streamline information and communicate more effectively with customers.
- Assembles, moves and sets up/disassembles display and other event materials; is the staffing point of contact for BC Hydro presence throughout the community at media events, business association and local government meetings, opening ceremonies, and family-oriented festivals.
- Accesses and locates basic rate, billing, energy efficiency and other information using Marketing & Customer Services GENIUS, the internet and intranet and other computer systems; prepares basic and/or pre-formatted summaries, logs, charts and other Power Smart related status and other documentation. Prepares and maintains a variety of files including statistical summaries, reports, reference documents, budgets and other information related to the term’s initiatives.
- Provides assistance to the rest of Customer Care, Power Smart, Communications and Community Relations staff in their marketing efforts, programs and initiatives as required.
- Performs as required all the duties of the Community Outreach Representative 1 job.
- Performs minor duties related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Strong communications, customer service, problem solving, personal computer and application software and communications or related program knowledge typically acquired through 1st or 2nd year college or university plus Community Outreach Training.
- No previous BCH experience is required since program training is provided. Well developed oral, interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Must possess a valid full-privilege Class 5 BC Driver's Licence. Completion of BC Hydro Driver Training is required.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- This is a one year Full-Time Temporary assignment and it is scheduled to start as soon as possible.
- This position is covered under MOU #74 of the Collective Agreement between MoveUP, Local 378 and BC Hydro.
- Please note that frequent travel is required as part of this role. Also, the normal schedule is Wednesday through Sunday with shifts varying between morning and evening hours.
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good standing: Driver's License Type = Class 5
- Knowledge of a second language would be considered an asset.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by February 27, 2020.
Please visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
Reference ID: BCH-T-8563-200219E1
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary