The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the daily activities of the maintenance department, including,
staff scheduling, work order planning, preventative maintenance scheduling and documentation, subcontractor administration, inventory and critical spares management, and the generation of reports that indicate the departments performance. The role will foster a strong team dynamic and spirit of cooperation. It will be necessary to have constructive liaison with other departments to determine any repairs that need to be carried out. Then either assign the work to teams internally, or hire out the job to contractors, ensuring the work is completed promptly, safely and on budget.
To provide the Plant with a high level of maintenance expertise that ensures departmental downtime meets Company objectives efficiently and to carry out equipment and building repairs as required.
You promote a healthy work culture and see plant and employee safety and health as priority.
This position is a direct report to the Maintenance Manager and may be required to offer performance input on other less senior roles. This position may also be required to indirectly lead and influence stakeholders and peers.
The following list of duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described. Rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job:
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and reactive maintenance on facility equipment to ensure that all equipment is operating at the highest possible levels of safety and efficiency.
- Scheduling of maintenance and engineering staff for optimum production coverage.
- Coordinating between shifts and acting as the central point of contact for mechanical/electrical and PM issues.
- Create and organize parts rooms of spare parts. Document parts and locations in the parts rooms by creating a central inventory system (hard copy or CMMS).
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Conduct inspections on facility equipment and in the facility, and reports any hazards or potential hazards.
- Schedule assigned subcontractor(s) to support the department work plan including installation and/or maintenance assignments.
- Respond to all critical and/or safety related maintenance concerns in a timely manner.
- Take a leading role in the implementation of CMMS.
- Document all work orders and all maintenance and repair activities in the maintenance management system
- Maintaining all plans, procedures, MOPs, SOPs and all other documentation necessary for safe and proper performance of preventive maintenance activities.
- Providing support in all activities undertaken by Maintenance Manager.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED SKILL, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years supervisor leadership in manufacturing facility (maintenance department) with the ability to demonstrate a commitment to professional development is desirable
- Journeyman millwright / Electrician ticket or power engineering ticket, preferred
- Must have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a high volume of work with accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a strong team player.
- Strong customer service orientation skills and a desire to achieve results.
- Able to work flexible shifts when business needs arise.
- Ability to build, lead and develop the Maintenance Team.
- Mechanically inclined and have manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Experience with computerized Maintenance systems is an asset.
- Intermediate level of computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills to share ideas and influence others, including senior management, based on data analysis.
- Ability to implement new operational strategies and learn how to achieve successful strategic change and innovation.
- Coaching, Motivating, Leading & Directing Employees in Department
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- previous: 3 years (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)
- english (Preferred)