We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff need to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
Stores Person – Casual: The primary focus of the Stores Person is to ensure that supplies are ordered, received, and stocked in a timely fashion and that essential products are always available. The position controls and maintains inventory items efficiently from the receiving dock to the point just prior to consumption while conforming to overall customer requirements.
Application Deadline: October 27, 2020
- Providing and maintaining good customer service, a smooth flow of goods and avoiding stock outs
- Maintain a clean Central Supply room and ensure items are clean, organized, and in functional condition
- Responsible for the physical handling of all incoming shipments, the identification of material, verification of quantities, and the routing of material to the place of use or storage
- Scan Just In Time (JIT) clean supply rooms and upload to Cardinal Healthcare (twice weekly) averaging 350 lines per week
- Replenish JIT rooms (twice a week).
- Manage JIT application - print labels and adjust Periodic Automatic Replenishment (PAR) levels
- Receive monthly Cardinal JIT invoice and charge to units
- Pick items, issue in Great Plains (GP) software and deliver internal scans including paper and forms
- Receive all Purchase Order’s (PO) for the centre in GP for accounting (service and supplies), and submit to Finance every other day
- Physically receive medical supply shipments delivered to the centre using powered material handling equipment when trained
- Manage back orders / liaise with purchasing
- Create purchase requisitions in GP for stores items
- Processing phone requests from across the hospital (average 5 per day)
- Reorder oxygen cylinders
- Sort and deliver Grand & Toy orders to end users and prepare monthly invoice and submit to Finance
- Ship product returns and equipment for service to vendors
- Deliver Biomed equipment as required (Pumps, Nebulizers, chair alarm monitors etc).
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent and current Certification with Ontario Supply Chain Management
- Two (2) years of experience in Inventory Control, preferably in a hospital setting;
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Inventory Control as it relates to Payables, Purchasing, and Supply Chain;
- Basic knowledge of the rules of statistics and performance measurement;
- Working knowledge of integrated computerized inventory control systems
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Inventory Control, preferably in a hospital setting;: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ontario Supply Chain Management (Preferred)