Clearwater Structures is seeking a hands-on, collaborative, and proactive Director of Finance to lead the financial management and day to day operations of its group of companies. The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen and solid relationship building skills.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Finance will identify, develop, and establish financial and administrative policies, procedures, and controls; to support the achievement of the company’s strategic priorities, continued growth, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
Major Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist senior management with the development and implementation of the financial management plan, processes, and budget, to support short-term and long-term strategic and tactical goals.
- Maintain financial records for each project and/or business unit and provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of each.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that organizational risks are minimized.
- Preparation of reports, packages, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicating monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure that billing and collection schedule is adhered to ensure financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Negotiate with bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts, and other financial commitments
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of all supporting information for annual audit and liaise with external auditor, as necessary.
- Provide direction and oversite of payroll function to ensure employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner; and all remittances are submitted accurately and on time.
- Negotiate and manage employee insurance and benefit plans.
- Recruit, train, coach, and develop the finance and administrative team to optimize performance and engagement.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal work culture; creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the GM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of progressive professional experience in construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Accounting designation (CGA, CPA or CMA) or working towards.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in construction and/or manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a management role, successfully leading finance, and administrative functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of construction accounting principals.
- Experience in a complex fast-paced organization that has multiple projects, business units and locations.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to plan and organize multiple projects.
- Tech-savvy and extensive experience and knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Experience with Jonas accounting software a definite asset.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and communicate in a professional and respectful manner, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Superior organization, attention to detail and ability to prioritize complex and varied workload.
- Strong time management skills, with a strong sense of urgency as well as being proactive.
- Keen analytical, strategic thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong ability to build rapport, establish trust and command respect.
- Proven experience leading, developing, and engaging direct reports.
- Positive, friendly, and approachable.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Group Benefits Plan
- RRSP Plan
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 week at Christmas
About Clearwater Structures
Clearwater Structures Inc. is an industry leader in the heavy civil construction sector, specializing in bridge rehabilitation and construction. With multiple divisions located across Ontario, the company has experienced continuous growth throughout the years. Our ever-expanding team of highly qualified and experienced employees has enabled the company to expand our services to cover other areas within the heavy civil infrastructure sector.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- in a construction and/or manufacturing enviroment: 3 years (Required)
- project accounting: 3 years (Required)
- construction accounting principals: 2 years (Preferred)
- in a management role: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting/Finance: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- CGA, CPA or CMA designation (Preferred)