Milestone Equipment Contracting Inc is excited to offer an opportunity for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our experienced & professional team!!
The Equipment Operator plays a critical role in the successful completion of Milestones projects. Milestone is a civil excavation company and Operators facilitate onsite production through efficient equipment utilization, diligent and detailed work. Milestone's civil division works on a variety of different projects. The work includes civil & infrastructure, environmental construction, industrial & commercial, residential development, landscaping, and much more!
The Equipment Operator will be involved in specific civil division projects and/or supporting the landscaping phase of Milestones civil construction projects.
Duties & Responsibilities - What is my role?
- Perform daily pre and post inspections and follow daily maintenance practices
- Safety and efficiently operate equipment pieces on site
- Report and communicate with site Foreman and/or Superintendent to ensure clear understanding of work at hand and expectations of the day/week
- Assist in mentoring less-experienced team members on proper operation, function and servicing of equipment to further their progression
- Work in and implement safe work practices while contributing to a safe work environment
- Ensure equipment is properly cared for, clean, and any repairs and/or damage is reported immediately
- Report any/all unsafe work, incidents and/or concerns to Foreman and/or Superintendent
Qualifications & Requirements - What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Valid drivers license
- 18+ year of age
- Ability to do extensive physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to work in all weather
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly, positive, and open attitude, always willing to learn and improve
- Ability to work and communicate within a team
- Help promote and work within a culture of jobsite safety, where safety is everyone's #1 priority
- Attention to detail is an asset
- Heavy Equipment Operating Ticket through VIU an asset
- Over 5 years experience working as an operator an asset
Benefits of Employment - Why work at Milestone?
- Merit based company offering progression opportunities & support
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for overtime
- Comprehensive benefits plan which includes extended health, dental, vision care, disability, life insurance and RRSP matching
- Great team of capable leaders open and willing to provide mentorship & coaching to those looking to learn and grow
- A team of great people willing and ready to support others through family orientated values.
- Safety is our top priority. Think safe, work safe, home safe.
- Pride ourselves in integrating and leveraging technology, working smarter not harder.
- Located on beautiful Vancouver Island, work and live at home!
Today, with over 15 years of success in the civil construction sector, Milestone is known as a dependable, transparent and accountable contractor in the industry. Milestone’s team is comprised of professional, experienced and educated individuals that form project teams to ensure our clients’ projects are treated with the same level of respect, attention, professionalism and care that our organization is founded upon.
We look forward to you reviewing your application!
Expected start date: 2021-06-07
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- heavy equipment operator: 5 years (preferred)