Bouris, Wilson LLP is one of Ottawa-Carleton’s most respected and trusted chartered accounting firms. Since our inception in 1960, we have provided accounting, auditing, taxation and financial advisory services to thousands of individuals, professionals, special interest groups and public sector organizations.
We are an independent firm founded in Ottawa and firmly committed to the success of this region. Our stability and controlled growth is directly attributable to our distinctive approach, traditional values, comprehensive range of services and broad experience. Most importantly, we have attained our leadership position by continually remaining focused on delivering the finest quality of care to each and every one of our clients, regardless of their size.
We are currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant/Auditor to join our team.You will have the opportunity to work closely with partners and staff and join an organization that puts an emphasis on developing our people.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will primarily include:
- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Plan and execute fieldwork assignments, including managing budget and resource needs
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Prepare financial statements and corresponding notes
- Prepare corporate tax returns
- Apply knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management including responding to client questions and queries
- Involve appropriate firm personnel to ensure all aspects associated with the work have been properly addressed
- Demonstrate technical competence in practice discipline, serve as a technical resource for staff and provide suggestions for resolving technical issues
A successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Two (2) to four (4) years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, good judgement and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with the following software is an asset
- Sage 50
- CCH TaxPrep
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Bouris Wilson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time