Ontario Rivers Alliance is a Not-for-Profit grassroots organization with a mission to protect, conserve and restore riverine ecosystems in Ontario.
Position Title: Communications and Funding Officer – Part Time
Closing Date: 18 February 2020
Pay Rate: $30 per hour – 10 hours per week
Join our team. Ontario Rivers Alliance is seeking a part time Communications and Funding Officer with a strong background in grant writing, crowd funding and other fundraising initiatives, including member and partner outreach. Other responsibilities include generating material for an e-Newsletter, website, social media, email campaigns and other duties as assigned. Candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Flexible hours, working 10 hours a week from your home.
ORA is a Not-for-Profit grassroots organization with a mission to protect, conserve and restore riverine ecosystems in Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategize, plan and initiate campaigns to secure financial, member, partner and sponsor support to ensure ORA’s sustainability.
- Research, planning, execution and management of grants.
- Initiate key fundraising campaigns and events to successful completion.
- Outreach to increase member, partner, sponsor and volunteer participation
- Create online communication strategies, including social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.,) and ongoing updates.
- Plan, create, develop and manage the content, design and distribution of ORA’s quarterly newsletters.
- Other duties and responsibilities as circumstances, need or direction dictate.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in marketing, communications, journalism public relations and project management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking, problem solving, research and analytical skills,
- Proficiency and experience in achieving results through the use of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, webcasts and podcasts.
- Excellent plain-language communication, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Must have creativity, imagination, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to take initiative and bring fresh ideas to the ORA team.
- Maintain a professional, consistent, respectful, flexible and courteous working environment at all times.
- Report to the Board of Directors through the CAO, or as directed.
- Work from own residence.
- Work using own computer and software.
- Flexibility of work hours.
- Work in accordance with ORA’s Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Ethics.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: 400
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Communications & Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)