Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) location, the Fabrication Machine Operator will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor of the Fabrication Department. The Fabrication Machine Operator is responsible for machining Powell Canada products into E-house structures.
- Determine size and length requirements of each operation specified, within given allowable tolerance.
- Select and transport material to different work areas manually or using machinery.
- Measuring and marking sheet metal according to templates.
- Operate metalworking machines to cut punch, drill, and shape or straighten sheet metal.
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the equipment and its tooling, as well as, small electric and air tools.
- Inspect products to ensure quality and conformity to specifications.
- Perform repairs on machinery.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensures quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure work areas remain clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to program or learn to program N.C. equipment. Specifically CNC Press Brake.
- Comprehension and understanding of shop drawings.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude by collaborating with others to solve problems and drive results.
- Self–starter with ability to take on multiple tasks with a drive to succeed.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in metal fabrication an asset.
- Sheet metal worker trade certification is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Turret, Press Brake, Plasma, Laser Beam copper and other metal working equipment.
- Familiarity with an MES (Manufacturing Execution System) is considered an asset.
- Basic skills Microsoft Office.
- Safety training certificates are an asset for the position.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Press Brake Operator: 1 year (Preferred)