Are you passionate about automotive excellence and possess exceptional organizational skills? We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Parts Advisor to join our dynamic team at Acura of Thornhill.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be responsible for the picking of parts and their delivery to internal customers and helping to maintain a clean and well stocked inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with receiving goods, check and count items unloaded from the suppliers and report any discrepancies to management.
- Assists all customers in selecting required parts ensuring optimum customer service.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Uses company vehicle to drop off or pick up parts from suppliers/customers.
- Picks parts using picking ticket and deliver to technician’s work bench.
- Returns all parts from workshop that are not needed or required by technicians.
- Retrieves and delivers tire packages to technicians.
- Assists in labeling tire packages.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Locates out of stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Follows up on back ordered parts.
- Notifies the Service Advisor and the customer when special order parts have been received.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, insurance estimates and special-order parts.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates and special-order parts.
- Sets-up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Develops and maintains an efficient and current file and record management system both for electronic and paper correspondence and documents.
- Maintains customer and company confidence by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as required by the Parts Manager to ensure the successful operation of the dealership.
- Complies with company and department policies, procedures and standards.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in automotive field.
- 3 years of working experience as a Parts Advisor.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal & written English) and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data.
- Must be able to lift and carry products weighting up to a maximum of 50lbs.
What’s in it for you
In addition to a fast-paced, exciting environment that rewards the entrepreneurial spirit, we offer excellent pay plans, benefits packages for full-time employees, professional training and development, and advancement opportunities throughout our dealer group, such as:
- Discounted programs to enhance employee experience
- Enhanced vacation policy, based on tenure
- Track Days & Budget Car Track Challenge
- Seasonal Employee Events
- Support in career advancement
- Robust training and development programs
- Company paid Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Comprehensive Health and Dental and extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
If you are passionate, customer focused, and thrive in a team environment, we encourage you to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Pfaff Automotive Partners – please note due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pfaff Automotive Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thornhill, ON L4J 1A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- parts: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person