Reporting to the Safety Manager, this position is responsible for training all commercial vehicle drivers who operate Fleet equipment. Must be aware of Federal, Provincial and local safety laws to ensure the company complies with all current safety regulations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Along with class one driver responsibilities, Walmart Fleet’s Driver Trainer will include, but are not limited to:
· Assist Safety and Compliance departments in educating drivers to current S.O.P.
· Facilitate all new driver road test and skill assessments. Provide a final review to Safety Manager on skill assessment for hire.
· Facilitate on boarding Driver Safety Training (orientation)
· Facilitate full driver review and assessment following any preventable accident
· Reviewing and developing SOPs and training material
· Coordinate annual Driver Safety Training and in cab evaluations to ensure the fleet drivers are maintaining the highs level of professionalism
· Conduct driver performance evaluations, provide performance feedback to driver and complete written review of observations
· Report safety infractions to the management team, and assist with accident/ incident investigations.
· Safety assessments for stores/vendors/DC yards to assist in problem solving for daily fleet operations
· Maintain employment related programs and procedures, including H&S and housekeeping programs, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
· Other tasks as assigned
· Valid Class 1/AZ driver’s license with 5+ years commercial driving experience
· Driving experience with Walmart Fleet is an asset
· Minimum of 5 years verifiable tractor trailer driving experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Must have excellent safety and compliance record
· Must have excellent driving skills with a verifiable clear safety record
· Flexibility to accommodate different start times
· Bilingual (English/French) preferred
· Completion of grade 12 education or equivalent
· HOS auditing experience would be an asset
· OTA certification would be an asset
· LCV experience/ certification would be an asset
To provide training in day to day operation of all equipment used, this means working in the driver yard and hosting internal training programs. Training will be completed on the following:
· Tractors (Manual and Automatic transmissions)
· Trailers Roll up / Barn door
· Refrigerated Trailers
· B-train Train
· Shunt Trucks
· Ocean/ Rail Constrainers *Chassis
· LCV * as needed
Application Deadline: 2020-05-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- commercial driving: 5 years (Required)
- AZ or Class 1 (Preferred)