Traffic Attendant II
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. We lead the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $184 billion in goods with more than 170 trading economies.
The Traffic Attendant II provides support in traffic management operations and performs other related duties as required.
- Support the coordination of traffic management operations as required.
- Assist with scheduling and break rotation.
- Direct vehicles, passengers, and general access to and from the cruise facility at Canada Place, including customs and other restricted areas.
- Perform traffic attendant duties as required at Canada Place and cruise staging areas.
- Maintain effective communication with cruise lines, ground transportation and service contractors, cruise passengers, and others while balancing the imperatives of customer service and operations efficiency.
- Liaise with Canada Place Operations Centre as well as VFPA Operations Center.
- Complete occurrence reports and/or complete daily logs, as required.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
The successful candidate is a high school graduate with a minimum of 1 year related experience. Previous experience working in a similar environment (such as event parking operations, airport or marine terminal) and directing high volume traffic would be desirable. Knowledge of a second language and possession of a first aid ticket would be considered assets.
This position is ideal for a mature and responsible individual with the ability to work in a team environment. Must have a good command of the English language and present a neat, professional appearance. Must possess an assertive yet courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful manner. Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, and perform duties with minimum supervision. Ability to deal effectively and appropriately with public in a variety of situations. Must be a quick learner who works well both independently and in conjunction with others.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 18, 2022 . (Please note this posting will remain open until filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community .
The health and safety our of employees is a priority and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is committed to ensuring a safe workplace. Vaccinations, in combination with other preventative health and safety measures, offer the best available protection against COVID-19 and that is why port authority employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment.
Candidates may be accommodated for this requirement if they are approved for a legal exemption; accommodation may be requested only for religious and medical reasons, or other protected grounds under the Canadian Human Rights Act. If you’re seeking accommodation to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, please indicate your request during the recruitment process.