Established Heavy Civil construction company specializing in Highway and Road Maintenance, requires an experienced Estimator with a minimum of 3-5 years of Canadian working experience in the road building industry. This a full-time, year-round position.
Reporting and working closely with the Senior Management Team (President, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Estimating) and other essential management staff. The successful candidate will organize, manage and facilitate the day to day bidding and tendering opportunities from both Private and Public Sector fields.
Work includes but is not limited to the following:
· Routinely research market and various sites seeking bid opportunities and possible leads
· Strong ability to read and interpret drawings and contract specifications
· Ability to do take-offs
· Prepare request for quotation, information, subcontractor pricing
· Ability to turnkey cost, prepare and finalize Municipal Tenders and bids
· Prepare purchase orders
· Perform all aspects of contract administration and delivery
· Negotiate and file claims
· Prepare monthly progress draws
· Perform site measurements/ takeoffs and monitor all quantities of work performed
· Prepare change orders and quotations
· Estimate minor changes on projects with assistance from Project Managers
Skills and Experience:
· 3-5 years of experience as an Estimator working on road construction / private sector projects
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Advanced computer skills - Microsoft Office (word, excel)
· Firm understanding of Niagara Peninsula Standard Contract Documents / Ontario Provincial Standards
· Familiarity with local Municipal Government and bid processes
· Strong leadership and supervisory skills
· Ability to analyze technical aspects of projects and convey them in a clear fashion to the Senior Management Team
· Strong time time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple bid and tender opportunities per determined schedule
· Must be willing to work flexible hours (including possible Saturdays or evenings) as may be necessary to effectively organize, manage and facilitate bid and tender timelines
· Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude toward team leadership and a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving
· Must be a self-starter and possess a positive team motivator characteristic.
· Results-driven with a positive approach to achieving goals.
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in Road construction.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
· Possession of either a CET or P.Eng designation will be considered an asset.
· Knowledge of OTM Book 7 will be considered an asset.
· Valid G-Class Drivers License.
· College or University Degree in Civil Engineering, CET or another equivalent background.
· Competitive salary and health benefits plan
· Company vehicle and phone
· Advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- RFP: 1 year (Preferred)
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- P.Eng (Preferred)
- CET (Preferred)