At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The material planning role ensures that the planned/forecasted supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity. The scheduler can deliver efficient, effective, and flexible solutions to meet production requirements. Maintains strong relationships internally to ensure supply of materials to satisfy short term sales forecasts and targets. Decisions and results have an impact on the function and their success.
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet shipping requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of shipment
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect sales allocations
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels based on province
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan, and facilitate on-time materials to the sales team
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture, and customer order fulfilment
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Previous experience of materials planning ideally in the automotive or manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
This is a full-time role based out of Smiths Falls, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.