Date Posted: Sept 14, 2021
Application Deadline: September 28, 2021
Job Type: Temporary, Full time, 3-month contract
Wage: $15/hour (may be eligible for a wage increase upon successful completion of the onboarding period)
Shifts: Weekdays and weekends
Posting ID: 10-SPG
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Seasonal Pre-Grader? Reporting to the Manager of Product and Donation Flow, we are looking for a team-player with strong communication skills to work on sorting, grading and moving donations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sorting and grading donated clothing
- Sorting clothing into pre-set categories
- Tracking Production quotas and completing applicable paperwork
- Removing soiled, broken, incomplete or excessing worn donations for recycling/garbage
- Testing electronic items
- Remove sharp or hazardous materials and store in appropriate area
- Clean items as needed to prepare for sale
- Assist the transportation team with unloading/loading trucks and setting up equipment
- Operating pallet jacks and dollies to safely move materials
- Moving product from shipping/receiving area to tipper storage locations for storage or recycling processing
- Moving full boats/bins into warehouse staging area as per rotation schedule
- Stacking empty Gaylords and pallets
What you bring to the table:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to work well in an independent and team-oriented environment.
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- The ability to perform physical work on a continual basis.
- You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter detailing how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill by September 28, 2021 with Posting ID:
10-SPG, First Name and Last Name in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
Reference ID: 10-SPG
Application deadline: 2021-09-28
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Secondary School (preferred)