Accountings Payable Coordinator Department: Finance
July 20, 2020 Supervisor: Corporate Controller
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is key to maintaining our financial system, managing cash-flow and optimizing expenses. The objectives of the role include maintaining positive vendor relationships by completing payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner and ensuring a quality response to all inquiries, supporting the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems, and optimizing the payables process to reduce waste.
- Ensure that all proper paper back up is attached to the vendor invoice and that the GL# is coded correctly
- Ensure that the receiving matches to the LX system and that all invoices are entered into LX
- Responsible for the weekly payment run, including performing weekly payment run for all companies via ACH / EFT / Wire, ensuring that the correct backup is attached to the payment and having payments authorized through appropriate channels
- Responsible for vendor communication which encompasses communicating with vendors and answering all their questions, providing documentations to vendor as needed or requested and reconciling monthly or quarterly vendor statements (major vendors).
- Determine and prepare month journal entry for AP accruals greater than $1000 and balance A/P for all legal entities
- Aid in documentation and definition of AP and PO process
- Play a key role in implementation of automated 3-way matching software
Minimum Secondary School Diploma and preferably a related College diploma/certificate in the field of accounting
Must have minimum of 2 years AP experience.
Experience with and a good understanding of ERP and MRP systems. Microsoft Office software (advanced Excel) is required
Proven track record working with people and problem resolution and strong interpersonal, collaboration skills
Experienced with electronic payment methods (Wire, ACH, EFT) and automation of manual processes. Solid analytical ability and detail-orientation with a bias for action and proven ability to deliver results.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Analytically inclined with a positive can-do attitude
- A curious mind eager to embrace new leanings and make a positive impact
- Reliable and trustworthy with a strong work ethic, which is demonstrated in your past behaviours
- Flexible and able to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations & with various individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, assuming responsibility without being asked in order to achieve results
- Maintains an effective relationship with internal and external partners by meeting expectations, gaining trust and respect and effectively supporting team members
- Upholds a customer focused culture
- Effective supporter in implementation of change
Polytainers is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Polytainers is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. Polytainers is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.