YUCDC is seeking ECA and RECE Supply Staff to join our team!
Summary of the Position:
- This position calls for one to work in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and the Policies and Procedures for YUCDC. Successful candidates would be responsible for assisting our Staffing Teams with the delivery of quality and safe programs at YUCDC.
Notes to Candidates:
- Hours of employment will be on a required basis. These hours range from part time - full time hours.
- Candidates are expected to have the availability to work between the hours of 7:30 am to 6:00 pm - Monday to Friday. Please clarify dates of availability.
- All successful candidates will be required to the following prior to their first day of employment: medical assessment, up-to-date immunization record, COVID vaccinations (including Booster), 2 Step TB clearance, Vulnerable Sector Reference Check within the last six months and current First Aid/CPR (Level C) Certificate.
- Maintains and supports the health, safety and well-being of the children
- Supervises and interacts with children in a safe and compassionate manner
- Creates a positive nurturing environment for children
- Assists children in their daily routines to support the capacity of self-help skills
- Conducts daily health checks of children and records illnesses
- Responds appropriately to parent inquiries regarding children's development
- Maintains an organized, clean and welcoming environment that fosters learning.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in place due to COVID-19 throughout the centre.
- RECEs must be registered with the governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration. New ECE graduates welcomed to apply.
- ECA Certificate or Diploma from a recognized college in an Early Childhood Assistant Program would be preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of the Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI), Early Learning for Every Child Today Framework (ELECT), and the How Does Learning Happen Document.
- Previous experience working directly with children in a licensed childcare setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work co-operatively as a part of a team
- Ability to use professional judgement
- Ability to use light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least two hours daily
- Please submit your covering letter and resume. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for consideration will be contacted via email.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Full-time
Salary: From $16.50-$21.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.50-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site childcare
- On-site parking
To keep our staff safe when working with our children, personal protective equipment would be provided and an orientation to the Centre's Emergency Protocols, Policies and Procedures would be completed prior to employment.
Expected start date: 2022-05-02