Drexel is a true Canadian success story, calling London, Ontario our home town since 2011.
We’re a wholesale distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) service provider with a strong core of strategic partners. Our specialties are retail and telecommunications distribution, and e‑commerce fulfilment. Drexel connects Canadian homes to products and services that make modern life possible.
Our partners include tier one brands such as Amazon, Bell, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Costco, Home Depot, London Drugs, Lowes, Rogers, Staples and Walmart, to name just a few.
We offer all employees a safe, supportive working environment where everyone feels comfortable and valued in their jobs. As a Drexel employee you have the opportunity to develop your own potential, and we believe in promoting from within. We’re growing! And as we grow, we want our employees to grow too, by learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
Our philosophy is that our company is only successful when its employees are successful, and we want you to love coming to work. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic, motivated and committed people to join our team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Drexel is looking for a Custodian to join our team.
We are looking for energetic, motivated, and committed people to join our warehouse team. The facility is located at 100 Kellogg Lane in London, Ontario as well as 1005 Wilton Grove Road London N6N 1C9.
The Custodians are responsible for the general cleanliness of the Drexel Warehouses and Office facility. There are several tasks around the warehouse & office in addition to cleaning that the Warehouse Maintenance Associate is responsible for such as health & safety assistance, pallet collection & repair, mail running, general repairs, and small maintenance projects that arise that are tasked to the warehouse maintenance team. The Custodians report to the Warehouse Supervisors.
- Hourly rate: $17.00-$18.00.
- Extended healthcare benefits.
- Shift : Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Opportunity for advancement and overtime work.
We are looking for candidates who have a positive attitude and are reliable workers.
What you do in this role?
Daily Department Walkthrough:
- Empty waste & recycling bins.
- Clean any messes or spills.
- Wipe down and clean stations/devices.
Waste & Recycling Take Out:
- Consolidate all waste in the warehouse and have it brought out to our pickup containers.
- Collect & Refresh Cardboard Bins.
Storage Isle Walkthrough:
- Clean and clear isles of any debris.
- Sanitize and clean any spills.
- Report any identified problems (leaks, tripping hazards, potholes).
Office & Kitchen Cleaning:
- Mop floors.
- Clear garbage.
- Run dishwasher.
- Sanitize surfaces.
Warehouse & Office Maintenance:
- Salting the steps and walkways leading to our facility.
- Cleaning up any identified hazards.
- Transporting mail & parcels from one set of offices to the other.
- Small maintenance projects such as hanging boards, mounting fire extinguishers etc.
- Pallet collection & repair.
What you need to be successful?
- Standing for 8+ hours a day.
- Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs.
- Proper PPE: Steel toed shoes.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
- Background in handling, mixing and using cleaning chemicals.
Expected Start Date: 2021-08-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees/people are required to wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, sanitize hands, and abide by DREXEL as well as Government COVID-19 policies.
- cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- janitorial: 1 year (preferred)