POSITION: Homemaker- Casual on Call Surrey
SALARY: $19.29 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
SHIFTS: 7 days a week, day, afternoon/evening and overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Shifts are 7.5 to 8 hours in length.
The Homemaker reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The Homemaker performs a variety of cleaning duties ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of resident and/or shelter rooms and communal areas.
JOB DUTIES (In Brief):
· Clean rooms, change and make beds, do laundry, keep supplies organized and stocked, keep personal care supplies organized.
· General cleaning, laundry, washing, and disinfecting areas such as walls, windows, ceilings, floors, carpets, air vents, furniture, mattresses, blinds, and washrooms.
· Organize donations and oversee and direct volunteers.
· Assist clientele with personal hygiene and nutrition as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Minimum Grade 12 education plus one (1) year of recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Must have current Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training is an asset
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting
· Ability to manage and organize workload
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing
· Must understand and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Quick learner and self-motivated
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks
· Must be able to operate job related equipment such as laundry machines, etc.
· A minimum of two (2) years of sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use
· Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. ONLY THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $19.29 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Related: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid or CPR-C (required)