Office / Plant:
Finance and Administration
St. Mary’s, ON
With over 20 years’ experience as a premier, Canadian, family owned manufacturer of baked goods, frozen dough and Mexican inspired products; we set the industry standard for quality. Our products are crafted from the finest grains including hearty Canadian wheat to create our authentic tortillas, pizza dough and artisan flat-breads. Super-Pufft sources whole grain corn from the heart of North America’s cornfields to create our nacho chips, taco shells and corn tortillas. Super-Pufft Foods Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of high-quality snack inspired foods for both in- home and out-of-home consumption. Our MexiCasa brand has been trusted by consumers for over 20 years. Super-Pufft is an innovator in Mexican main meal and snack foods for all channels of distribution. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facilities, located in St. Mary’s, Ontario and Calgary Alberta, service clients with the mission of ‘providing the highest quality products with exceptional service and great value for its customers’.
The Financial Analyst is accountable for all financial reporting and control for all plant related expenditures including; labour, plant expenses, and capital. Provide support to the Finance department as necessary including financial reporting, planning and controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare standard costs in support of regular or one time Planning (budget and forecasting) cycles
· Update standard costs in the bill of materials
· Manage and process all payables & receivables
· Review actual and standard/budget costs for inaccuracies
· Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
· Review actual and standard/budget costs and detail causes of variances and action plans to address unfavourable items
· Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
· Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
· Coordinate and follow up on Variance meeting items.
· Support cost reduction initiatives by partnering with Operations and Supply Chain through analysis of proposals and validating, tracking and reporting of projects
· Create new product costs and new product P&Ls in support of new business opportunities
· Partner with Financial Reporting to ensure Finance department activities are completed including:
- department expense reporting, budgeting and planning, financial reporting & treasury functions
· Analyze capital budgeting requests
· Back-up and/or Payroll duties as necessary
· Other duties as assigned
· Accounting Designation (CPA, CGA or CMA), or finalist
· 3-5+ years experience in accounting environment
· Ability to process Payroll experience a definite asset
· Manufacturing experience (food manufacturing preferred)
· Computer literacy (ADP; Kronos, Microsoft Office Suite, MRP/ERP systems)
· Strong analytical; organizational and presentation skills
Interested? Want to learn more?
Please forward your current resume to Human Resources in person at 404 James St. S, St. Mary’s, ON or by email.
Quote “Financial Analyst” in the subject line of your e-mail.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Solis Foods is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-349-3232.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent