PACIFIC BIOENERGY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
JOB TITLE: Forestry Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
COMPENSATION: We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package
Pacific BioEnergy is a private company established in 1994 with corporate offices located in Vancouver, BC and operations in the heart of British Columbia’s forest region, Prince George, BC. We are a leader in wood pellet fuel in North America and are committed to meeting growing worldwide demand for this clean energy source.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager - the Forestry Accountant will be responsible for a full range of operational and financial accounting functions within the Woodlands department.
The Forestry Accountant is responsible for various cost accounting processes with the primary focus to provide the operations management team with relevant financial and statistical information related to overall raw fibre accounting management.
The Accounting team is expected to work closely with all other departments to ensure all aspects of business strategies, development, and growth meet desired outcomes.
- Responsible for fibre contract management in cooperation with the Woodlands department;
- Interpret and execute logging contracts, review and approve contractor payables in accordance with contract terms;
- Review capital road building costs, prepaid forestry costs and prepare amortization entries;
- Track, calculate and analyze raw material inventory valuations and assist with monthly cost statements of inventories calculations;
- Responsible for fibre delivery load slip entry and preparation of detailed account analysis, tracking, reconciliation and reporting of fibre inventory and specific G/L accounts;
- Assist in month-end raw fibre financial reporting, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze and report on fibre inventory, and inventory carry forward;
- Maintain and manage scale systems, contract management systems and provide support and education to users;
- Provide information as requested by the audit team;
- Follow established policies and procedures and participate in process improvement initiatives;
- Provide support and coverage of the Payroll/Accounts Payable when required;
- Work on special projects as required.
- 2+ years of financial accounting experience in a Woodlands environment is required.
- Possess an understanding and have experience in the full accounting cycle.
- Solid computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis in Microsoft Excel.
- Possess an Accounting Diploma with preference being given to a candidate who currently holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or on a path to CPA designation.
- Must be a self-starter and able to deliver results.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Have strong communication skills and ability to present and articulate financial information.
- Possess sound knowledge of the principles and practices of government reporting requirements.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
If you wish to be part of a team that produces superior results and feel that your accounting experience and career aspirations can contribute to our team, then we would like to speak with you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent