Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometers north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse.
Minto is looking to build its work force and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking Sr. Financial Analyst for a full-time position based at the Calgary office.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
· 7 + years of experience, ideally at a public company
· Bachelor of Commerce degree or equivalent required
· CPA designation is required
· Solid understanding of public company reporting, internal controls and financial systems
· Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the environment
· Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships across all levels and departments
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Good time management skills, sense of urgency when needed
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
· Working with the Accountant, ensure all accounts are reconciled and variances resolved. Preparation of lease and loan schedules
· Ensure the Company’s accounting practices adhere to the most current IFRS Standards
· Assist with year-end audit schedules, file preparation and inquiries
· Implement process improvements for reporting, transaction processing, etc.
· Ensure internal controls are being followed and suggest improvements or new controls where necessary
· Be a thought partner to the Company. Educate non-finance personnel on interpretation of reports, KPI’s and other performance measures
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Accounting: 7 years (required)
- CPA designation (preferred)