Despite the Setbacks from COVID-19 we will open for the season on June 19th, 2020!
Celebrating our 103rd anniversary, Bartlett Lodge is Algonquin Park's smallest and most historic lodge! We have 12 cabins, 2 suites, and 2 platform tents which house our guests from around the world. Experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to live and work in one of Canada's oldest Provincial Parks.
We are hiring for 1 (one) Line Cook vacancy in our kitchen. This position is a full-time contract position LOCATED IN ALGONQUIN PARK (3 hours from Ottawa/Toronto) with an anticipated start date of June 14th, 2020 until the end of our season on October 27th, 2020. You must be available to work the entire season to be considered for this position. You may be required to work holidays, weekends, split shifts, and on occasion 6-day weeks.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef and Executive Chef, duties include:
· Working the garde manger station, including pastry
· Review daily with the Sous Chef/Executive Chef and prepare the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion
· Maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
· Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge's/freezers, countertops and stove tops
· Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
· Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense and in accordance with food safety guidelines
· Safely operate kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
· Assumes responsibility for the operations of his/her station
· Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
· Provide professional and friendly service to all resort guests
· Minimum 1-2 years cooking experience with a preference for fine dining or previous hotel experience
· Food Handler Certificate a strong asset
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We provide staff accommodations and two meals per day. Employees are welcome to the use of our amenities including canoes, kayaks, and bikes. Employees are also able to enjoy unlimited access to the park at no cost during their days off. Pay is based on experience and includes a share of our tip package.
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with us; however due to the volume of applications received only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Food Handlers Certificate (Preferred)